Eleomar Puente 1968, Cuba. He lives and works in Miami, Florida. He began his art studies at the José Joaquín Tejada School in his hometown and later traveled to Havana, where he settled he graduated as a painter and designer from the famed San Alejandro Academy in 1987. At the beginning of 1988 he began a successful career despite the fact that his young age was his awards, critics and participation in national and international events that place him among the most respected young artists and prestige in the country and he is well deserving of national prizes and distinctions. In 1993 he immigrated to Dominican Republic he presented his individual exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art, and later in 1994 he was selected as a Cuban artist and awarded the Gold Medal in the Second International Biennial of Central America and the Caribbean. Among his recognitions too are: Acquisition Award, XXI National Biennial of Visual Arts, Sto. say; prize of the Criticism, International Drawing, Honorable Mention at the Sixth International Painting Biennial of Cuenca, Ecuador, among others.
His work has been successfully exhibited in important galleries, biennials and contemporary art fairs, being acquired by prestigious public and private collections in the United States, the Caribbean, Europe and Latin America.
- 1988 Premio Salón Semana de la Cultura, Santiago de Cuba
- 1989 Premio Salón 30 de Noviembre, Santiago de Cuba.
- 1990 Premio UNEAC. Salón Nacional de Dibujo. Camagüey, Cuba.
- 1994 Premio Medalla de Oro II Bienal del Caribe y Centroamérica, Santo Domingo, R. D.
- 1996 Premio de la Crítica, Salón Internacional del Dibujo, Museo de Arte Moderno, Fundación Arawak, Santo Domingo, R. D.
- 1999 Premio de Adquisición, XXI Bienal de Artes Visuales, Museo de Arte Moderno, Santo Domingo, R.D.
Just Another Game To Play, 2022
Acrylic on canvas.
60” x 80”
The Messiah Return II, 2020
Acrylic on canvas.
62” x 80”